Rules and Regulations
- RHB Lekas Highway Ride 2023 ("RLHR") (the "Event") is co-organized by Lebuhraya Kajang-Seremban Sdn. Bhd. and GoSportz Sdn. Bhd (“the Organiser”) with the full support of the Ministry of Works (“MoW”), Polis Diraja Malaysia (“PDRM”), Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia (“LLM”) and Malaysia National Cycling Federation (“MNCF”) in accordance with these Rules and Regulations (“R&R”), the Waiver, and all the Terms and Conditions ("T&C") applicable to riders, which can be found at www.lekashighwayride.my ("Official Website").
- A rider, being a person who has entered to take part in the Event, is deemed to have given the Organiser written permission to collect, analyze, and collate personal information relating to that rider. By completing the official entry form, including through online registration, the rider explicitly indicates his/her agreement to comply with these R&Rs.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record of the Event and its riders for any commercial advertising and other promotional purposes.
- The rider who is a person who has entered to take part in the Event is deemed to have given the Organiser written permission to collect, analyse and collate any personal information relating to that rider, as the Organiser may in their sole discretion deem fit, including and without any limitation, information for the Organiser’s programme, planning, data-processing, statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising, and/or any other purpose in furtherance of the functions.
- The rider agrees to:
a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the rider captured in the registration form (the "Registration Data");
b) maintain the security of the rider’s password and identification; and
c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to ensure that it is true, accurate, current and complete. The Organiser may contact the rider from time to time by email. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Organiser shall be deemed to be received by the rider concerned.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for any rider who does not in due course take part in the Event, for any reason whatsoever. Registration is strictly non-transferable.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify or substitute any of these R&R and/or T&Cs from time to time as it deems fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organiser shall be the sole authority to interpret and in so doing, it may take into account the interests of all affected riders. Any amendments to these R&R and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to riders, in which case the Organiser will make the effort to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid. The Organiser shall not be liable for any consequential loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice to riders, to amend the Event cycling routes as it deems fit for the safety of the riders and / or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the Event. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform riders prior to the date of the Event. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience consequential to such changes.
- For any registration on behalf of any participant the principal member or the online user account owner shall be fully responsible to inform each member of the Rules and Regulations of the Event and is deemed to have obtained each member participant’s approval to accept the Rules and Regulations on their behalf. Each member participant who has authorised this online registration by their friend is also deemed to have read and accepted the Event Rules and Regulations.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By registering his / her entry each rider indicates his / her acceptance of the conditions below. In order to participate in the Event, riders must comply with any age requirements specified in their category. Riders must adhere to the following: -
Equipment and Age Group
Distance Categories of 120KM and 78km
- For registration purposes, participants' ages will be determined based on their age as of 31 December 2023.
- Participants in the Men Open and Men Veteran categories for the 120km and 78km distance categories, as well as participants in the Women Open and Women Veteran categories for the 78km distance category, must be 22 years old and above as of 31 December 2023.
- For 78km distance category, participants in Young Adult Categories, must be aged between 17 and 21 years old as of 31 December 2023.
- Participants below the age of 18 for 78km category are required to obtain parental / guardian’s consent and complete the indemnity declaration form as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon registration and email to email@example.com, failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry.
- To qualify as a veteran participant, individuals must have reached their 45th birthday for Men or 40th birthday for Women on or before December 31, 2023. Upon meeting this requirement, they will be automatically registered in the "Men Veteran Category" for both the 120km and 78km distance categories, or the "Women Veteran Category" for the 78km distance category. However, if a male or female veteran wishes to compete in the "Open Category," they must indicate their preference by selecting "Men Open" or "Women Open" during the registration process.
- Pro-cyclist, Continental Team, State & National riders are NOT ALLOWED to participate in any of the categories stated above. If any participant fails to comply with the condition stipulated above, the result from such participant will not be recognised and will not be included in the official ranking.
- A participant aged below 45 years old will automatically be registered under the Open Category in both the 120km or 78km distance categories.
- Distances and durations listed for all categories of rides are approximate and subject to change at the Organiser's discretion should circumstances require it.
- In the 120km or 78km ride, ONLY Road Bikes, Sports Bikes, Touring Bikes, Hybrid Bikes, Mini Velo Bikes, Folding Bikes and Mountain Bikes are allowed.
- The following bikes are STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED for any category:
- Bikes with Disc Wheels / Rim Covers;
- Bikes with Aero or Extension Bars;
- Bikes with Fixed Wheels with No Brakes;
- Fixie Bikes; - Specialist Time Trial Bikes;
- Motorized Bikes;
- Bikes with Drop Handle Bars and / or Disc Brakes are allowed.
- Tandem bicycles may be used by visually handicapped riders ONLY. Participants should seek clearance from the Organiser on a case-by-case basis.
- Regrettably, riders who attend the Event with unapproved bikes will be unable to participate.
Corporate / Open Team Bike Ride
- Corporate / Open Team bike ride is only open to companies or organisations registered in Malaysia.
- The organiser reserves the right to invite or reject any corporate / open team from joining this event.
- A maximum of 5 members is allowed for this corporate / open team bike ride.
- To determine the winning teams for corporate teams, the score of best 3 members in a team will be taken into account. Additionally, every individual in a team is qualified to win the individual title of the respective categories of 120km of Men Open, Veteran Men or Women Open only. If any team fails to comply with the conditions stipulated above, the team will be disqualified immediately, and any win in Corporate / Open Team will not be recognized.
Teen and Children’s Bike Ride
- The Teen and Children's categories are open only to participants aged between 10 and 16 as of 31 December 2023, which is our cut-off date for the qualifying age of the event. For example, if a participant is aged 9 on 31 December 2023, but will turn 10 on 1 January 2024, they will not be eligible to participate in this event.
- For the Teen and Children’s category, participants are required to download the indemnity declaration form and request a parent / guardian to sign it. You must bring the indemnity declaration form along on the race pack collection day. Participants who fail to do so might be prevented from participate the event.
- The deposit fee is only refundable if and only the child is personally present to participate in the event. The child’s MyKid Card-/Identity Card-/Passport is required to verify his / her identity. Children who fail to attend on the event day will not receive the refund of deposit fees.
- A winning participant may elect to receive an award in another prize category to which he / she is entitled to, which might offer a higher value prize. Notwithstanding the participant’s election, his / her finishing positions in each relevant prize categories will not change.
- Prizes may be awarded in non-monetary terms.
- The Organiser reserves the right to replace any winners if he / she is found to be disqualified.
- All prize-winning participants must present their original identification document at the result verification counter located beside the medal collection tent, such as an Identity Card or Passport, in order to collect their prizes. Participants who fail to verify their identification within 15 minutes may have their results canceled and replaced by subsequent winners.
Prize winners are required to report to the prize-giving zone located beside the stage. If a cyclist fails to do so after a few calls or 15 minutes, the Organizer may donate the cash prize money to charity
- All prizes not claimed within two (2) weeks from the event date will be forfeited and the Organiser will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of these proceeds as it sees fit.
- Prizes must be taken, in the form as presented by the Organiser. They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subject to the R&R and / or T&C as determined by the Organiser.
- “Gun Time” will determine the winners of all applicable categories.
- All prize winners or potential prize winners wishing to appeal or dispute results must do so in person and in writing on-site. Appeals must be submitted within 15 minutes of the results being posted on the board at the Event site. To file an appeal, participants must provide an appeal fee of MYR200 in cash and a completed appeal form, which can be obtained from the Info Counter at the event site. Whenever possible, appeals should be made before the prize presentation. The Organizer reserves the right to reject any disputes or appeals made after the prize presentation.
- For all other participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in writing including electronic mail within 3 days after the event day, the Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal after 6pm on 24 October 2023.
- All disputes regarding the results will be decided by the Organiser and MNCF, and their decision will be final. No further disputes will be entertained thereafter.
- Riders are strictly NOT ALLOWED to transfer their ride entries to another party or change ride categories once their registration is confirmed. Any permitted transfer is subject to the prior approval of the Organiser.
- All riders are to start in their allocated pen and wave time.
- For safety reasons, riders who do not start on their respective flag-off time, may be disqualified and not be allowed onto the course.
- All Riders must follow designated routes and are solely responsible for following the designated route and passing timing points.
- Route officials will divert riders who are unlikely to finish the ride within the stipulated duration. Such riders will be guided to the designated diversion points along the route. For their own safety and to avoid being caught in between live traffic, riders must follow instructions. Riders who fail to do so may be removed from the route immediately. Finisher’s medals will not be issued to the aforesaid riders. The competitive rides category riders will be recorded as ‘Disqualified’ or ‘DNF’ (Did Not Finish) in the official timing.
- All riders must abide by the standard Highway Code, national rules of the road as well as the direction of police, traffic management and Event officials during the ride.
- Riders MUST NOT:
- Ride without a protective cycling helmet;
- Ride dangerously or negligently; or
- Use MP3 Players, iPods, Walkmans or other mobile music devices while riding.
- Use handheld cameras or telephones while riding.
- At all times, riders are required to stay behind the safety escort lead vehicles and in front of the safety escort rear vehicles.
- Helmets are a must-have to enter all categories of rides i.e. 120km, 78km, 22km or 12km kids ride. Rear lights are optional but very important to ensure good distance judgement while cycling at night.
Additional Rules and Regulations
- The following conditions outline the circumstances under which riders may face disqualification from entering the event or being disqualified at the finish line:
- Riders who present incomplete bibs, bike tags, or timing tags;
- Riders who are discovered to be riding under someone else's name or bib number;
- Riders who are suspected of sharing or lending their bibs with the intention to defraud, and a police report will be lodged against all involved riders.
- The Event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped in extreme circumstances for safety reasons. The final decision on this will rest with the Organiser.
- Child seats on bicycles are not allowed due to safety reasons.
- All race packs that are not collected on the designated collection day(s) will be available for collection one week after the said event day for a continuous 14 days within the working hours at our office. Thereafter the uncollected race pack(s) will be unpacked and no more collections will be allowed.
- All riders who successfully complete the ride in their chosen category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their Cycling Bib to the respective officials.
- All Finisher’s Medals are to be collected on Event day.
- Such timing devices will officially record their finishing times. All such official finishing times will be posted on the website within 5 working days after completion of the Event.
- Whilst reasonable precautions will be taken by the Organiser to ensure riders’ safety, riders who take part in the Event do so at their own risk. The Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or by participating in the Event. Riders are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before Event day.
- The form on the reverse side of the cycling bib must be completed fully and accurately. Riders are required to attach the assigned bib to the lower back of their cycling jersey or t-shirt, the bike flag under the seat post of their bicycle, and the bib with timing to the front of the bicycle handlebars. Riders not wearing a bib will be asked to leave the route.
- All Riders must check and service their bikes before the Event and ensure that their bikes are roadworthy prior to the start.
- All Riders should at all times be aware of other cyclists around them.
- All Riders are to keep to the left hand side of the road unless overtaking and are reminded to observe traffic rules at all times. Overtaking on the left hand side is dangerous and will NOT BE ALLOWED.
- Riders are to call out when passing fellow cyclists.
- Stationary Neutral Services for bike maintenance and Medical Support will be available throughout the Event. Riders MUST wear their cycling bib in to receive such support.
- Riders who require mechanical support or medical response while on the route, may seek assistance from security personnel, event staff or traffic management personnel.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to remove a rider if he / she is judged to be physically incapable of continuing his / her ride without risk of serious injury to him / herself or others.
- Medical personnel reserve the right to make the final call to send casualties to the nearest and / or recommended hospital.
- Recommendations by the Organiser, to reduce medical risk:
- Riders should drink plenty of fluids before, during and after their ride;
- Riders over the age of thirty-five (35) years and who have not done much regular exercise in the recent past, are strongly encouraged to undergo a medical check-up prior to the Event; and
- Undertake a proper training regime to prepare for the Event.
The rider aware that Tokio Marine Life Insurance Malaysia Bhd. (“TMLM”) is the official insurance partner to provide insurance coverage during event, refer to details here.
- Riders participating in the Event are advised to practise safe cycling, and their participation is at their own risk. Accordingly, the Organiser shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and / or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise howsoever arising.
- The Organiser will not be liable for the actions of riders or other third parties, not employed by the Organiser or acting on its behalf.
- All riders are recommended to have their own personal accident or health insurance.
- There will be no further extensions of any registration periods.
The Event will be held, rain or shine, unless the Organiser determines that conditions are too dangerous. This will be based on a prudent decision made three (3) days before the Event day or on the Event day by the Organiser and local law enforcement officials. If the Event is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be neither refunds nor transfers. In the event of inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances, the Organiser reserves the right to alter, cancel or eliminate any / all portions of the Event.
CONSENT TO THE EVENT
By taking part in the Event, I agree to abide by these Rules & Regulations. Lebuhraya Kajang-Seremban Sdn. Bhd. and GoSportz Sdn Bhd, the Organiser, reserves the right to modify such Rules & Regulations in any way and at any times deemed necessary or appropriate, without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this cycling ride. I consent to the use of any photographs, motion pictures, images, recordings, or any other record which may include me, in any record of the Event or for future promotion of the Event.
WAIVER OF THE EVENT
In consideration of the Organiser accepting this entry, and the registration to participate in the Event, I hereby waive and release any and all rights to claims to damages I may have against the Organiser holding this Event, their agents, representatives, successors, assigns, sponsors for any and all injuries, death and invalidity I may sustain before, during or after the course of the Event or arising as a result of it. I hereby indemnify the Organiser and keep them indemnified and waived against all claims or damages that arise in consequence of the above.